A = Adult Supervision
B = Barriers
Have a fence enclosure that isolates your swimming pool and spa from the home, play areas, front and side yards and the neighbor’s yard.
Make sure all gates in the isolation fence are self-closing and self-latching.
Multiple layers of barriers isolating the pool and spa from children should be installed. In addition to an isolation fence, one or more of the following safety features can provide the additional protection necessary:
- Approved swimming pool and spa safety cover
- Approved swimming pool and spa alarm
- Exit alarms on doors providing access to the swimming pool and spa
- Keep all doors and windows leading to the swimming pool and spa area locked
- Doors providing access to the swimming pool and spa equipped to be self-closing and self-latching with a release mechanism high enough to be out of the reach of a child.
- The man-door from the garage should be self-closing and self-latching with a release mechanism high enough to be out of the reach of a child
- Perimeter yard fence provided with a self-closing and self-latching gate
All chairs, tables, large toys or other objects that would allow a child to climb up to reach the gate latch or enable the child to climb over the isolation fence should be removed or kept inside the fenced area.
C = Classes